japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Friday, September 02, 2005

I'm a teacher!!

I've just finished my first day of teaching! I will be going to Sanmi Elementary School every friday and the first day was great.

I had to introduce myself to each class so I made a powerpoint presentation to make it a bit jazzy, a bit crazy, 'it's a bit of fun!'. You would expect that this particular type of software would be pretty basic to the nation that is at the forefront of digital visual technology. You would be mistaken my friend: they were gobsmacked! 'ah matt sensei (that's my name!) you must show me how to use this er powerpoint presentation. it is excellent. You must be very clever matt sensei'. Yes I'm a bloody genius! They've had a projector at this school, which goes from ages 6 to 15, for four years and I'm the first person to use it. This country is so backwards considering that it is a giant in the electronic manufacturing world (but I love it!).

Anyway, I taught them all about me, Wales and the UK. Everyone who features in the photos at my leaving weekend below also made an appearance. Your ugly mugs and Greg's foot fetish were exposed to poor little Japanese kids (I teach age 8-12).

here's a photo of my 4th grade class

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's the punk with the mohican? legend!

8:32 pm GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home