japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Monday, September 05, 2005

sports day

Well I stayed at home this weekend to go to my school's sports day on Sunday. 'That's a bit boring', I hear you cry, 'we want drunkeness and mash up stories!'. Well hold your horses and hang a banger. This weekend did not disappoint. First of all, the school has been preparing for this day since wednesday to saturday. From this detail I was led to believe that this is a very serious event and I was looking forward to the athletic performances that it would entail. How wrong was I? It started off with formal marching, flag break, bowing and lots more ceremonial faffing. Then then came the 100m and 200m sprints. All normal up until this point. Then the craziness began. Obstacle courses which involve biting bread off a dangling bit of string, spinning around with your head on a baseball bat on the ground 10 times, and popping balloons. Piggy back races, where you fight with the other team and steal their hats, then followed (it can get quite vicious) but my favourite was fighting over tyres. Girls from each team would line up at the side of the field and when the gun fired they would leg it towards the tyres in the middle and drag them back to their side. There was bitch fighting! It was great!
Every school should have a sports day like this! But it gets weirder! Then each class dressed their teachers up and put on a performance to gain extra points. There was a lot of cross dressing.
This is a picture of me and my bitches! The one on the left is shuip and he's the captain of the baseball team. He's a bit of a character so if he ever misbehaves in my class this photo is going to get projected on the wall. It's gona haunt him forever!!!!!!! Don't ever mess with Matt Sensei!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home