japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

God Bless America!! (I never thought I'd utter these words)

In November I celebrated my first ever Thanksgiving with Paul (ok, so it was KFC and a bottle of wine but it was the best we could do) and today was my first Independence Day. I feel almost like an honorary American (I even spell like them now! doh!). For all the bad press that they get in the U.K, the one's I have met are all sound as a pound and Independence day lived up to my expectations - Fireworks on a beach in the rain. Great Fun!! Paul, Mark and Saori enjoying fine weather, wine and negiyaki.
Is this this the coolest firework you have ever seen? It starts shooting sparks out of the canon!!




To become a fully pledged honorary American I need to make it onto a cheerleading squad. The training starts here!!

PS. Don't be worried. I don't actually want to be American. I'm quite happy shagging my sheep thank you very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home