japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Osaka

After the conference I headed to Osaka to see my friend Chihiro. He used to teach at my base school in Hagi and made me feel really welcome during the past year. I especially grateful to him for teaching me bad Japanese words!! However, I must admit that I was a bad friend turning up with one of the biggest hangovers of my life. I was not very talkative. gomen henna megane!! A very sad thing happened whilst in Osaka. My camera packed it in. We'd been through a lot: a cracked screen at camping, drunkenly dumped in a bowl of ramen and various other mishaps. This was the last ever photo that it took. SNIFF SNIFF.
That night we hit the beer once more and met up with Hannah, Mark and Tammy, who for some crazy reason made it out to a club that night despite being just as hungover as me. Good work!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kirsty said...

Hi, my god! Im in Komatsu working as an ALT and it seems all of us around this country do the same thing.... hehe.. Cheers!
Hows living in the big smoke?

11:49 pm GMT+9  
Blogger mashio spillip said...

Big smoke? I live no where near the big smoke. I can't even get a whiff of the big smoke. Yamaguchi ken is one of the most rural in Japan.

Hi! thanks for posting a comment. Looks like you're living it up in Komatsu.

9:05 am GMT+9  
Blogger Kirsty said...

ahh ok! You were just visiting Osaka then! Soz, i thought you lived around that area!
hehe, yeah i guess we both are living in the "no smoke" of Japan! Havin a ball though! beer is good! lol!

7:30 pm GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home