japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Akiyoshidai Yama-yaki

Ginny promised fire and we had fire - a whole mountain's worth! This weekend a few of us headed to Mito for a half marathon (why oh why). Saturday night we made our way to Akiyoshidai to watch the mountain being set alight. They made the kanji for fire 'hi' out of, wait for it... fire! How clever is that? The next day we were to run 21km across Akiyoshidai. I was still in denial.






4 Comments:

Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Where were you?
I missed you... Were you there withMegan and Pauline? I saw them as I was leaving.

6:57 am GMT+9  
Blogger mashio spillip said...

Yeah I was with that lot but we did the Japanese thing and left just as the final firework was exploding.

8:36 am GMT+9  
Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Hehehe... I waited till after the fireworks and I still passed 'that lot' as I left.

11:17 am GMT+9  
Blogger . said...

Mate I missed you. Was there with Perez and ran into rosie and ellen. Fack. Anyhoo see you thursday.

11:17 am GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home