japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Katobasehagishoipatsukimerou!

Every year there is a huge baseball tournament and almost every school in Japan takes part. It is every High School baseball player's dream to win this tournament and they take it very seriously - and I mean SERIOUSLY. The team had been practising since they first picked up a baseball bat, the cheering squad and brass band had been practising for weeks and then the rest of the school had to spend 4 hours in total in a sweltering gym to practise songs and chants. What happened to just shouting "come on! fucking 'av it!!"? I decided to join in and managed to disrupt the orderly rehearsal and distract all the students. Oooops.


So the after all the rehearsals, the actual match day arrived and we all headed down to Shimonoseki to support the team (supposedly). We were all too busy concentrating on our cheering that we weren't paying much attention to the game!! the team lost, the other teams chants were better and then there were tears!! But I had a great time. I learnt far too much about my students on the bus ride down and they learnt far too much about me in return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home