japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Mr January!! Published Photographer!

Every year the Jet Programme invites JET participants to take part in a photo competition with the best entries featuring in a calendar. The calendar is then distributed to all participants and contracting organisations around Japan. It is also sent around the world in order to promote the Jet Programme. I sent a few photos in on a whim and I got chosen!! My photo appears in January of the desktop calendar.

The photo was taken in Yamanashi ken in April when my family and I visited Mount Fuji. Chuffed!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Matti! Knew you had talent in that area - told you before you could make money doing that! send one for HSBC calander.

9:37 pm GMT+9  
Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Awesome!
Well done...
Look through the package for the postcards. Mine should be in there...

6:42 pm GMT+9  
Blogger Ang said...

Oh my goodness. Awesome, Matt! The calendars haven't come to my office yet. Can't wait to see it in personQ

11:31 pm GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Matt! This might be the first JET calendar I keep instead of using as a roll up club against gokiburi. Nice work.

1:19 am GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD SHIT MATE - Awesome photo too...Well done

BTW when are you going to replyto my mail...Im waiting big boy!!!

pete

2:03 pm GMT+9  
Blogger megan said...

sweeeet photo. facebook friends for life, haha. thanks for trackin me down. :)

12:12 pm GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home