japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

At one with nature - well sort of

Well today I had to trek through through a tunnel then up a hill, at one with nature, to make it to Susa High school. In this heat and carrying a bag and laptop, I was not a pretty sight when I arrived. There were so many creatures about but most of them were too quick for me to capture on my camera. There were loads of crabs, even though we were not by the sea.
There were also millions of huge black and yellow spiders. I'm guessing that they're not your average incy wincys!

This is the tunnel I have to crawl through (it's about a metre high and that's small, even for the most hobbit like of us) Then finally I saw this snake. I have later been informed that it could well be a habu, one of the most venomous snakes in South East Asia. Won't be getting so close next time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god!!! That spider is horrible I wouldnt last five minutes over there!!

Glad to hear your having a good time I wish we did exciting things like that when I was at school!

Have you been sending emails lately? I havent been getting any from the uni lot since september started not sure if ive been left off the lists!?

Started college of law bout two weeks ago so Im officially a student again which is great fun, finish by 1.30pm everyday...brilliant! :)

Anyways just thought Id say hi, hope your well

take care Nich xxx

10:35 pm GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home