japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Beach weather?

The weather is finally getting warmer so I did the typically British thing of rushing to the beach at the first sight of sunshine. Dave and I can officially say that it is not summer quite yet. It was bloody freezing!! I think it's safe to say that we are the first people to go swimming at Hagi beach this year. Matt and Crystal decided to take lots of romantic photos of themselves using my camera. Thanks for that. I will, err, treasure them forever.Potter and I have decided to have a six pack race. Whoever has the best six pack by a yet to decided date will decide a forfeit for the loser. Here is evidence our original stomachs. Watch this space for progress. (I've already been to mosburger twice this weekend)
Victoria cleverly read her book instead of taking part in ultimte frisbee. It was knackering!! After sunset the men were separated from the boys and poker was played. Dan was in a bit of trouble at one point. Dave had the car, Paul had the house, and I had Rosie. Luckily he managed claw his way back and regain all aforesaid items (not that you're an item Rosie, you're priceless. We told him not to bet you but he insisted) I found out that the more I drink, the worse I get at poker.

4 Comments:

Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Fab photos. Looks like you guys had a blast. Planned to be there but several things got in the way... Least of all a cold. I will come up soon I promise!

8:38 pm GMT+9  
Blogger bec said...

looks like loads of fun glad it was great weather!!! but crazy welsh boy jumping in the sea at the first chance ha ha!! have great time in tokyo!!!yes, we are expecting twins and a quick wedding...perfectly normal thing to do i think of it as just another cultural experience !!

10:19 am GMT+9  
Blogger bec said...

oh, and reckon from the photo alex has a head start on the flat-stomach race!!

10:21 am GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that David Hasselhoff.

GO THE HOFF:-)

Big Daddy

12:31 pm GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home