japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Fuji: Been there, Done that, Dan bought the Tshirt

After a brief stop over in Nagoya (Don't know why, just fancied a bit of Nags action), Dan and I headed for the Fifth Station on Mount Fuji. We were soon joined by Dave, Megan, Matt, Crystal and their friends Kim, Torry, Josh and Scrumplet. Totally unprepared (no torches, not enough warm clothes, wearing trainers) we started our ascent in cover of darkness.
Fuji isn't quite the romantic climb that you would imagine: vending machines and tacky souvenir shops managed to make it all the way up. We were also being chased by a bus tour of elderly luminous green monsters waving light sabers. Despite this, it was a great experience and watching the sunrise on from the top of Mount Fuji with such good company will undoubtedly be one of my lasting memories from Japan.
おつかれさまでした






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home