japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

BBQ at Rosie and Jim's, sorry Dan's

Can I just say, this has nothing to do with this particular post, a bloody Japanese woman has just parked her car outside my appartment with huge speakers on top of it. She is now singing to the whole neighbourhood. Shut up! It's the bloody weekend! Go away!

Anyway, today Jen (from Nagato, next few stops on the train) and the Tokuyama crew (Justin, Christine and Hannah) all came to stay with me. In the day we chilled on the beach and in the evening we went over to Rosie and Dan's for a BQQ. Other JET's came too and it was a really good night. Dan and Rosie are the best hosts- they're great people, have a huge house and prepared food for us. Thank you! I was struggling to get back on it after the provious nights escapades but the trusty ribeno put me back in the mood. I got really drunk and have no clue what I said or did to people. But it was a great night and fun was had by all. These are Sarah's boobs!




and this is me, Christine (the alcoholic! you probably can guess just by looking) and Louise (fellow Brit)Anyways, Everyone got merry and some wanted to continue the party. So Pete, Paul (they're always involved), Hannah (another Brit) and I went in serch for Karaoke. It being three in the morning, they were all closed. Paul had rung his Japanese friend Ken to join us. We had dragged him out of bed at three in the morning to come meet three pissed white people in a car park only to find that everything is closed. Why does he want to be our friend? Anyway we took advantage of his soberness and car and drove to the 24 hour supermarket for more booze. We then proceeded to Paul's to watch Ghostbusters. Ken is such a random bloke but he's brilliant. For some reason he had some fancy dress in the boot of his car. I've stopped asking 'why?' in this country now. Hannah and I were in fits of laughter in the back of this car. He was such a bad driver, he didn't use the clutch and braked at the last possible minute. When we asked what sort of a car it was he claimed it was a 4 by 4 mountain car. We pointed out that it was a fiat punto. The roof could fold back so we drove along with our beers under the moonlight. What a night!

One thing, however, was not resolved from the night. Who would be the better kisser- me or Pete? The girls had a lengthy discussion and did not disclose the result. Dan promised to find out from Rosie over pillow talk but no news yet. Sorry Pete, it's blatanly me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home