japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving

As I have never experienced thanksgiving before I thought, 'what the hell -I'll go to three in one week to see what this holiday from the US of A is all about.

Tuesday night was Anita's thanksgiving in Shimonoseki. Despite arriving late, there was plenty of food to go around. Managed to catch up with people I haven't seen in a while and had a chilled night. Thanks for being a great host Anita.Thursday saw a new twist on the Thanksgiving tradition: KFC, wine, beer and dominoes with Paul. Not traditional but fun nonetheless.Saturday I ventured into the inaka for thanksgiving at Chris' in Mitou-cho. I have a feeling that this was the closest I was going to get to experiencing the real deal. Chris' neighbours and students came and there was a real family atmosphere. We ate too much and had a mid afternoon slump but carried on til the early hours. It was really relaxed. Thanks Chris.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt!
Glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving! I still have quite a bit of your dessert left in the freezer. It was oishi!
~ Anita

6:28 pm GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home