japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

The sights of Hagi

Although adamanent that she was not getting out of bed today, Hannah managed to join Justin, Chrisitine, Jen and I for a bit of sightseeing in Hagi. We visited the Toko-ji Shrine which is surrounded by 500 stone lanterns. I have previously visited this shrine in the cover of darkness, when the lanterns were lit, but it was completely different in daylight. (the fence that I broke on my first visit is still on the floor. oooops) There were these really weird bugs jumping about and I tried to get a pic but they seemed to be immune to the lense. They looked completely different to this but I quite like the mash up effect!We then proceeded to the castle grounds. Nothing interesting really, we were too hungover to make any effort to do anything worth talking about sorry! Though there were these nutters climbing on the walls. You know you're getting old when you start thinking 'oooh they shouldn't be doing that, where's their parents eh?' We weren't prepared to jump in after them if they fell, especially when the moat was full of massive psycho coy carp. (though I quite fancied it)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home