japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hofu English Camp

This weekend I volunteered to work at an English camp in Hofu whilst many other JETs were off at drinking festivals and partying on Oshima Island (if I had known I wouldn't have volunteered), however, I ended up having a really good time.

High point: winning the best actor award for my portrayal of Prince Charming in 'Cinderella: The Later Years'. Managed to get a bottle of whiskey out of it!!!!!!!

Low point: Teaching the 'Hokey Kokey'. I really got into the "woooooooooooo's" (can't believe the American version doesn't have that - it's the best bit!!!)

This bloke taught us folk dancing but he kept forgeting the steps so it would change half way through each song. He set up his own sound system and had his own microphone attached to his shirt. He was a leg end!
Matt and Crystal at the tea ceremony. It was luminous green! It was foul!
We got the chance to listen to these women playing the shimansen and then tried it ourselves afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home