japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Jackie Kennedy's reincarnation. I've been rumbled!


Well I have most definitely had one of the funniest nights of my life tonight. At about 5:45 I get a text from Rosie saying that we're leaving for Horiko's at 6:15. Horiko? Who? What? When? Why? It turns out that, in our drunken states on Friday, Pete and I had agreed to be moral support to Rosie and Christine as they were not keen to go round Horiko's for dinner.

We turn up and I can't keep a straight face from the moment we set foot in her house. She is a nutty old japanese woman who loves speaking English and had got in touch with the local Board of Education to try and get JETs to stay with her. She compromised with dinner but she wants to make it a weekly thing.

She immediately drags us to her garden that is lit up by loads of lights (apparently its one of the best gardens in the area and has won awards). She then told us about her husband who died of cancer and showed us the shrine she has made to him and then bowed constantly to it. She then dragged us to the dining room (and I mean dragged, she was pulling us around hand in hand.) We were greeted by her friend (who had never met a foreigner before) and a table full of tempura (deep fried vegetables) sashimi (raw fish and beef) barnacle fruit!!!!! and other random japanese things (including tiny fish with eyes and head all in tact mmmmmmmmm!) She had been cooking all day for us! She also had plenty of red wine!!!!

Well she is probably a millionaire and she gave us a tour of her house: Her art collection (mainly her own work), her 6ft widescreen TV and her 'memorial house' that she built for her husband. She had built an entire separate building in her husband's memory for JETs to live in but the Board fo education won't allow it (thank god). She has wine glasses that cost over £2000 each! Crazy! She wants all our friends and parents to stay with her in the 'memorial house' when they visit.

She just did not stop talking and making weird noises. She kept telling me that I have the same eyes as Jackie Kennedy, and therefore started to call me Jackie cos she couldn't pronounce matt (mattsu). Little did she know that I was, in fact, Jackie Kennedy in a previous life. She kept talking about her husband and how much everything in her house costs. She kept holding my ahnd without realising it and hitting me everytime she said something funny. She was undescribable. No words can explain this woman. You all have to come meet her! Please! Take her off our hands!

Pete was loving the Jackie comments but what goes around comes around stubbsy boy! The results from the girls kissing predictions were in tonight. Who would be the best (purely hypothetical of course) me or Pete? 4-0 to me!!! Sorry Pete, you either have it or you don't. I'm sure you'd be better in other areas, as Rosie so rightly pointed out, such as cycling. We can't all be every girls' fantasy mate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the girls are all lesbians and fancy Jackie Kennedy???!!

Only kidding Spill ;)

6:47 am GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting to think that everyone in that bizarre country (Male, Female, Japanese and Foreigner) has some sort of Hobbit Fetish......

5:18 am GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home