japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Tokyo Disneyland

Next we headed for Tokyo Disneyland. Some would say that this wasn't really experiencing Japanese culture. I reckon it's a good introduction to Japan - more kawaii's and sugoi's (cute and great) than bottles of Mon Frere ever drunk by Steph. Also, teenage boys and fully grown men mincing around, adorned with disney hairclips.

The trip also enlightened me on the reason behind Japan's non existent knowledge of Wales. Whilst enjoying the musical and visual feast that is "It's a Small World" we travelled through England, Scotland, Ireland, Greece... wait a minute... Where the fuck is Wales?!? The children in front of us missed the entire ride as they were more interested in the weird foreigners sitting behind them.

Sorry - compulsory cherry blossom picture.




The Haunted House just got a bit too much!!

1 Comments:

Blogger bec said...

loving the little aliens!!!!

3:49 pm GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home