japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Hiroshimashup!!

I have now been to the US Air base in Iwakuni twice. The first time I had to be smuggled in stealth stylee under a blanket in the boot of a van as I didn't have the appropriate ID. Not wanting to repeat this, this time I came fully prepared only to be waved straight through the gates - no questions asked. After realising their error they eventually came to find us but I must say that they really should step up on the security front. Perez didn't need to swim in after all.

We spent the afternoon with the marines eating, drinking and playing rugby and football. The marines were great hosts so thanks to them and Crystal for organising it. Sorry, didn't take any photos.

Then on to Hiroshima for the lash! The last time I was in Hiroshima it was pissing down with rain, we were lost, I was projectile vomiting, I was extremely drunk and don't remember much. I then woke up in a love hotel (with mirrors on the ceiling) with Pete in a pink yukata and Kat (mordor's friend for all you warwick veterans) lying next to me. Nothing dodge honest!

This time I was determined to still be as drunk but not as ill. I succeeded and made it through to 6 in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home