japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Kyoto

What can I say? I LOVE KYOTO!!! We had a great time. We did some hanami, some karaoke (despite their reluctance they loved it!!) and the usual temple and shrine visits. My mum and sister dressed up as Maiko-sans and they looked awesome. I'll post the professional pictures when I receive them. My sister almost blew chunks when she did tea ceremony in Nijo castle. My mum told her off and said not to be a wimp. She later admitted to almost puking too.


The Maiko-sans were impossible to photograph. Despite their tall wooden clog type footwear, they were nifty little buggers!!

Apprently this is a very famous sakura tree. It was very impressive but I was more interested in the beer on sale nearby. We bumpd into the one and only Justin on our travels. He was able to take this photo for us. He was on top form and my parents thought he was hilarious.

We stumbled across some major hanami at Yasaka shrine. It was so much fun. I could have stayed drinking there all night. This mash up nutter was trying to sell me Yakisoba in English. I think he was on something. It took him a whole five minutes into the conversation before he realised that I was replying in Japanese.
The golden temple at Kinkakuji.
The red gates at Fushimi-Inari Taisha

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IM SO HAPPYYYYYY!!!! :-P

2:25 pm GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home