japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fishery High school

Just come back from my first day at Suisan Fishery High School. It was interesting to say the least. This school basically takes students out to sea for two weeks at a time to teach them fishing skills, navigation and marine biology. The rest of the time they have to do academic subjects. The students are almost all stupid boys who couldn't make it into other schools. They knew no English but there were a few exceptions:

1. "can we make love?" when asked 'how old are you?'.
2. " She's a D cup" when showed a picture of Catherine Zeta Jones
3. " I like bed sports" (and thrusting of hips) when asked 'what sports do you like?'

It was actually a really fun day, except for them taking the piss out of me for my hair-all Japanese people think that I must get my hair curled. It's natural god dammit! It's quite bizzare that they take the piss as J boys are very feminine and are constantly checking their hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home