japanese mash

Hello! I'm originally from Cardiff in Wales but am currently living in Hagi-shi, Japan. I'm an Assistant Language Teacher on the Jet programme and have set up this blog to act as a diary of my time here and also to let friends know what I'm up to (I hate group emails as much as the next person!). Enjoy..... or be bored.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Hagi Half Marathon - I did it!

Well despite my anxiety and doubts I did it! 1 hour 47 mins - not bad, even if I do say so myself. Pete proved us all wrong and came in first (1h35) Dave second (1h37) and me third. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. Jen (who has buggered off to Thailand with all the good pics of the day), Chorong and Pauline were troopers and cycled around the course to give us support.Unfortunately Chorong had a minor mishap on the bike, landed on her head and cut her finger so they were unable to make the finish. At around the 7km mark i started to slip behind and lose Pete and Dave but ended up running with a really cool guy from Shimonoseki who spoke really good English (very handy as there was no way I was going to try my bad Japanese, I could barely breathe!). I was very surprised by the amount of people who I knew and who were cheering for me. It was a huge ego trip!!

After the race we hobbled straight for Mos Burger (crawling distance from my house) and then an onsen to soothe our blisters aches and pains.
Then back to mine for a well earned drink or two or three. Then dinner at Chanmen (also crawling distance) and we then frequented Mos Burger for the second time. Believe it or not, it was actually a really relaxing day. Thanks to Pete and Dave for talking em into it and being great company (Pete didn't rub it in too much) and to our cycling groupies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home